Do you know of a budding young archaeologist? Are they interested in learning more about Scotland’s past, and want to get involved in fun and exciting ways?
Archaeology Scotland presents the Children’s Membership which is suitable for enthusiastic kids in late primary and early secondary school. For as little as £1.75 a month, the child can become better equipped to learn all about Scotland’s past and heritage by diving into our specially-made timelines which cover a broad range of subjects like historical foods, and the cultural diversity of Scotland, in a way that they won’t get in school.
A Children’s Membership includes:
- Archaeology Scotland’s Seekers three times a year, which contains a large educational poster for their wall filled with activities, facts, and all sorts of fun things to do. This will also encourage children to explore their local area and take note of all the interesting archaeological details that surround them.
- Useful links and websites that can be used to better explore Scotland’s past.
- An opportunity for the child to achieve the Archaeology Scotland Seeker Award – the only one of our awards specifically given to individuals – with the help of you or their guardian, with a certificate and badge that recognises their accomplishments.
- A special pen.
- An informative magazine three times a year that includes all of the up to date news and events at Archaeology Scotland, and which you can share.
- Out-and-About e-newsletter, which contains a large amount of information regarding events you and your child could attend and take part in.
- Information on the Council for British Archaeology’s Young Archaeologists Clubs.