In partnership with the Next Step Initiative (NSI), we are offering a one-year traineeship opportunity through their Ethnic Minority Career Museum & Built Environment Heritage Programme.
Title: The Archaeology Scotland Engagement & Events (NSI Trainee)
Applications for the traineeship are now open, closing date is Thursday the 30th of July 2020. The NSI trainee will be hosted by Archaeology Scotland, based in Musselburgh.
Key Points to note
- Traineeships are supported by a bursary (£13,500 per annum) and non-repayable! The trainee will be supported to do an Archaeology Scotland Certificate.
- Visa status must allow full time working in the UK.
The traineeship provides
- An opportunity to work within the Archaeology Scotland Sector.
- A chance to gain experience in: dealing with membership enquiries, administration of loan boxes, delivering activities with different audiences, promoting events and assisting with other engagement opportunities.
- A chance to learn about: artefact investigation, using databases, archaeological skills (e.g. survey and recording), cataloguing, help deliver archaeological sessions, workshops and field schools, how to use WordPress, social media, preparation, planning and logistics for events and conferences.
- A scope to build a career path in the sector.
- A scope to use existing transferable skills.
- An opportunity to be instrumental in bringing the African and ethnic minorities communities into the sector for leisure, education or employment.
- A platform for you to excel and develop professionally and personally.
- Applicants must have a willingness to learn and strive in the sector.
- No specific academic qualifications are required; however, applicants should be able to read and write fluent English.
- An enthusiasm for archaeology and heritage and all it stands for is required.
- The traineeship is only open to people from African, Caribbean and Ethnic Minority Communities across Scotland.
Contact Dr Rosemary Sleith for an application pack by email email@example.com or call her on 07564265293 to discuss general questions about the traineeship. Interviews will be held in the last week of July or first week August 2020.
See more about The Ethnic Minority Career Museum & Built Environment Heritage Programme on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nextstepinitiativeheritage/